Soap & Glory One Heck Of A Blot

11 May 2014

 

I had been using my all faithful Rimmel Stay Matte powder for what seemed like forever, its a good price and does the trick so i had just repurchased it over a and over again. I decided i fancied trying something new as much as i love the Stay Matte powder itself i find the packaging a bit of a pain, the lids forever coming off in my handbag and ideally i wanted something with a mirror for touch ups on the go. 
I had heard a lot of good things about the Soap & Glory makeup but never tried any of it for myself. I am a big fan of their skin and body-care products so i decided to try out my first bit of makeup and picked up their One Heck Of A Blot powder to try. 
One Heck Of A Blot is Soap & Glory's Translucent Mattifying face powder that claims to "offer world class shine control and oil-absorption, is ultra light and gives skin a traceless smooth and velvety finish"
One thing that i really like about this powder is the packaging, like all Soap & Glory products it has the quirky name and the unique design. I also love the chunky and sturdy feel of the compact i feel like the powder is well protected, there is nothing worse that when your powder cracks dues to flimsy packaging. There is also a mirror inside and a small puff, i personally don't use the puff and i prefer a small kabuki brush but its still helpful to have. 
On to the powder itself, i was instantly impressed after first using it with how smooth it felt on my skin. Its not chalky in the slightest, i find it blends in well to the skin without leaving a trace. 
I am also impressed with the colour, or shall i say lack of, some so called translucent powders leave a white colour to the skin which is not a good look, i find this powder actually is translucent and doesn't leave a colour even after a few touch ups throughout the day. 
As for shine control it does a good job at both setting my makeup and also touching up to get rid of shine. I find it quite hard to tell exactly how long it keeps the shine away for but definitely a good few hours which is about the norm for me with most powders. 
Overall i think this is a really good powder, yes at £12 it is more that double the price of Rimmel Stay Matte but it's a lovely product with significantly better packaging, sorry Stay Matte i have a new favorite. 

Have you tried and Soap & Glory makeup? What did you think?




5 comments:

  1. I way prefer this to Rimmel stay matte, which I find is really heavy on my skin and leaves my makeup looking really cakey!

    Definitely a new favourite for me too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard so many great reviews of this, I definitely need to try it out x

    daisy-drops

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never thought about trying any soap and glory makeup. I love their skincare products though!

    I might try and test this out!
    Lovely blogpost
    http://bellamomento.blogspot.co.uk
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am also a stay matte girl but after reading your review, I've got to give Soap and Glory a whirl! Fab review lovely!
    Lauren x

    keepcalmitsonlyablog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm really tempted to try this. I love the packaging and I've heard good things about it
    Beth x
    mermaidindisguise.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...