Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua

12 December 2013

Swatched
Blended

Hello lovelies, today i am finally reviewing the Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua foundation i treated myself to on holiday. This foundation has been raved about by just a bout every blogger and vlogger going, i don't think i've heard a bad review about it. 
I had been umming and ahhing about trying it for ages before i actually took the plunge and bought it. I wasn't sure if it would be long lasting enough for my oily skin and give me enough coverage. 
The Vitalumiere Aqua is a water based, light foundation and is described by Chanel as being "Ultra light, instant natural radiance, skin perfecting makeup" sounds good right?
Now i was going to tell you what i thought in a pros and cons list, however i really don't have any cons so let me just stuck in and tell you what i love about this foundation.
I was matched to the shade BR40 which does look a bit dark for me in the picture as my holiday tan has now long gone, however when i have fake tanned this is a great match for me and looks very natural. 
You have to shake the foundation before using, its so light yet i was happy to find the coverage is a lot better than i was expecting. I would say light-medium coverage, that you can build up in areas that need it. The finish of this foundation is just amazing, i've heard the saying like your skin but better being used to describe foundations before but it really does apply here. It has that second skin feeling it really doesn't feel like you have anything more than a tinted moisturizer on yet you get that extra coverage. 
It makes my skin look luminous and healthy, and although i was worried about it suiting my oily skin, i wouldn't say it lasts all day but most foundations don't on me, it does lasts well thought. After buying it on holiday it was all i wore and it survived in the heat, i just make sure i apply some powder to set it. 
It has an SPF of 15 and a UVB sun filter to protect the skin and it even smells amazing a nice fresh scent like high end skin care. 
I really cannot praise this foundation enough, the one downside for me is the price at £32 its not the cheapest foundation to have fallen in love with, but in-spite of that i can see this foundation being repurchased time and time again, I'm just not going to waste it with everyday day wear, i tend to save it for best! 

Has anyone else tried the Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua? What did you think?

Zoe
X




12 comments:

  1. This is one of my favourite foundations! It blends beautifully, doesn't slide off my face (important when you live in Australia on the Tropic of Capricorn!) and the scent is lovely :) The only issue I have is the price as well :( But you got to spend money to make money! (That applies to foundations too right?)

    Kate Xx
    themintedbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like it blends in perfectly!!! I NEED this, the colouring is fab too..and great to hear about it working on oily skin even if it doesn't last all day long xx



    www.jesscaedmunds.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe how perfect that has blended into your skin! I am thinking about purchasing this now too!
    http://bellamomento.blogspot.co.uk
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I no it blends beautifully and has a great finish. x

      Delete
  4. This sounds great. I have recently treated myself to a new foundation the YSL Youth Liberator x

    Catherines Loves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ive heard good things about the YSL foudation! x

      Delete
  5. I want to try this so bad! Lovely review xx

    pb-beauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This foundation is my current must-purchase-product and this post makes me want it even more. Lovely x

    voguemystash.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you like it, hope you get your hands on it soon :) x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...