Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet Lipstick

04 June 2014



Lately i seem to have a massive problem with having to try every new lip product that comes out on the market. It's a bit riddiculous really considering i have only one pair of lips and yet i have a draw full of lip products. Lipsticks, lipglosses, lip crayons, lip laquers, liquid lipsticks ive tried them all like the sucker that i am. 
I recently picked up Bourjois lastest offering the Rouge Edition Velvet lipsticks, yes i may not need any more but as a blogger its basically my job to test them out right? Im just doing my duty... 
The Bourjois Rouge Velvet lipsticks are decsribed as being 'bold, matte and long lasting colour with 24hr hold. I'ts lightweight, velvety texture and non-drying formula gives extreme comfort that doesnt smudge'
Sounds good right, but do they live up to the claim?

Colour-
Their are eight colours in the new Velvet Rouge collection consisting of nudes, pinks and reds. I choose three shades 04 Peach Club an orange/peach, 05 Ole Flamingo a warm toned raspberry and 06 Ping Pong a cool toned pink. All of the shades are gorgeous bold colours perfect for summer, they are very pigmented so you don't need a lot for a full wash of colour to the lips. 

Formula/longevity-
I was a bit dubious about trying another matte lip product after i was left a bit disappointed with the formula of the MUA Velvet Lip lacquers, they tended to go quite chunky and cracked after a few hours wear. I am happy to say the Rouge Edition Velvet could not be more different. They apply so light to the lips almost like a stain. They dry incredibly quickly and leave the lips soft and just as the name suggests they actually feel velvety. They really couldn't be more different to matte products I've tried in the past they don't cake onto the lip,s your left feeling like There is nothing even on the lips at all. 
What also impressed me is how long they last, I've tested them eating and drinking and they still last yes they do come away a bit but the lasting power is impressive. 


My thoughts-
I really am loving the Rough Edition Velvet lipsticks the amazing bold colours paired with the light long-lasting finish makes these the perfect summer lip product for holidays, festivals and days at the beach where you want light makeup that will last. The only downsides for me is the smell which i find quite off putting i tend to like my lip products with a fruity scent and i find them quite chemical smelling. Also as much as i love the colours in the collection i feel like there quite similar and they could do with a few more varied shades to the collection, i personally would love a more muted baby pink shade and perhaps a purple, hopefully they will bring out more shades later on. 

Bourjois have done it again another impressive product they really are my go to high street makeup brand at the moment, have you tried the Rough Edition Velvet lipsticks? What did you think?

If anyody fancys treating themselves to some Crown Brush Makeup or Brushes i have new discount codes to share with you for June.
To get 20% of the entire pink makeup brush range click here and enter the code PINKJUNE at the checkout.
And for 10% of the entire range click here and enter the code FIJ06 at the checkout.

12 comments:

  1. I just got one of these (in the US) via a beauty swap and it's just so pretty!! I agree about the smell though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really wish they had given them a scent! x

      Delete
  2. These look super pigmented and I love the colours x

    daisy-drops

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look gorgeous, like a upgrade to the Collection creme puffs, with bigger colour choice! I really want these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely recommend them great colours x

      Delete
  4. These look great, can't wait to try them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you like them as much as i do! x

      Delete
  5. These look lovely! I'm yet to swatch these, loving the coral one!

    www.emgrace.co.uk
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gorge isn't it, I'm really tempted to get a red as well. x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...