My first Glossybox!

14 May 2013

Now i am well aware that i am a bit late writing this post,  as this is the april box and not only is it no longer april,  but I'm also about to receive my may box... but who cares! It was my first box,  I'm excited about it and so thought it fitting as my first blog post. 

April Spring Fever Glossybox
I first became aware of beauty box subscriptions a while back as a few of the beauty youtubers i watch had done videos on the ones they received, and after a bit of research i thought id jump on the bandwagon and try one out for myself.
The idea sounded brilliant to me i mean who wouldn't love getting an exciting little box of beauty goodies delivered to there door every month?!
I decided to subscribe to Glossybox. Glossybox is available in a monthly subscription that costs £10.00 a month (plus p&p) which you can cancel at any time or a fix term subscription of either the 3-month plan which costs £27.00, 6-month plan which costs £50.00 or the 12-month plan which costs £100.00 
i chose the monthly £10.00 subscription as i wanted to be able to cancel at any time if i was unhappy with the product.
So lets get on to the good bit, here's what i received......

The products
With each box you receive five beauty products these can be full sized products, miniatures and samples.

Canyon Coral
Essie nail lacquer in the colour Canyon Coral- I was very happy with this as id seen and heard about Essie nail polishes but had never actually owned one myself. The colour is a very bold orange/red toned coral colour perfect for spring and summer time. I found this very easy to apply, the large brush coats the nails well and i was very impressed and definitely would like to add a few more colours to my Essie collection.
Suede
Sleek blush in Suede- This was the only product i was disappointed with, and thats not a reflection on the product thats purely because of the colour blush i received. The blush is a darkish tan brown colour and i just dont wear browns i go for pinks and corals as they match my colorings. 

Sunsence daily face 
Sunsence daily face SPF 50- This is a facial sunscreen with a slight tint, i haven't tried this product yet as i thought id leave it till we actually get a summer... to open and test it then, im quite excited about tying it though as i always have dilemmas knowing what to put on my skin in the summer, i obviously want SPF protection but i find suncreams a nightmare for my oily skin as they make makeup just slide off my face, this sunscreen is oil free and says its ideal for all skin types even combination and oily so im interested to see what its like.

So Elixir Purple
So Elixir Purple Yves Rocher Eau de Parfum- I received this little perfume tester, the bottle is just so cute and i love the pretty packaging. The perfume is a sweet floral scent which i really do like, its probably what i would describe as more of a nighttime scent, i like to wear lighter fresher scents in the day but i will defiantly use this perfume.

Mango Smoothie
Nip+Fab Dry skin fix body butter in mango- This was my favorite product in the box i absolutely love it! The smell is just amazing so fruity it almost makes you want to see if it tastes just as good. I've already pretty much used it up as i've been using it daily since i received the box, its makes my skin feel lovely and soft its not too thick or sticky its just right for a body butter, and i will defiantly be purchasing a full sized version.

Overall i was very happy with my first box and im excited to see what i get in the next one.
If anyone is interested in Glossybox il put the link here http://www.glossybox.co.uk/
Zoe
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...